Screen reader advice for a Linux sysadmin

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Feb 27 19:44:21 UTC 2018

I do plan on trying out ORCA at some point here.  Most of our servers are
non-physicals, but I can just build a physical Ubuntu system with ORCA on
one of my spare physical workstations.  Once I'm in a cygwin window on my
Windows system, I just ssh from there to other servers.  I generally have
several command line windows open, ssh'ed to other servers.  That isn't the
issue.  The issue are these X-Windows and Java based tools, many of them
don't have command line options to administer.  Yeah, you can go edit
config files and the like, start and stop them, but if you're trying to
troubleshoot the tool from the perspective of the user, or access some
admin functions that are only inside the tool graphically, you're kinda
stuck.   I think that ORCA on a physical Linux system and maybe a Mac will
be my best options to try.