slint release install findings

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Jan 3 09:23:10 UTC 2018

Hello,

Could you please indicate your first name when posting? I am not
comfortable speaking to anonymous and this list don't preserve senders'
address.

You can increase swap, but I doubt that changes something as the system
should need less RAM in console mode that in graphical mode, at least if
you  use startx to start mate.

I will try to investigate on the sound issue, however I don't have USB
speakers to try.

Does the same issue occur if you use another page like most instead of
less?

About the installation logs, they go in /dev/tty4, that you can hear
during installation typing Alt+F4

However, this is not very useful as you can't scroll.

This is set in /etc/syslog.conf in the installer, so could be changed
there.

When the system is running the logs go partly in /var/log/syslog, partly
in /var/log/messages, both are text files readable by root.

You can also type as root dmesg|less or dmesg|most to check the messages
from starting the system.

Thanks for your reports so far.

Greetings,

Didier