Accessible midi recording / music writing using Linux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Jul 29 10:52:59 UTC 2018

Dear al,
My name is Pavel Vlček, I am from Czech republic. I am using all known
platforms. I have a small Usb midy keyboard, Novation Launcher key mini
v2. It includes some software and synthesis instruments, but it is for
Mac and Windows only. What I want? I want to use this keyboard with some
Linux and midi sequencer, and / or notation software. I know, how to use
midi recording / music writing with Frescobaldi 3.0 midi input, but this
soft is unable to play tones during playing by usb midi keyboard. So,
Can you please recommend me some accessible sequencer for Linux and what
distro is best for using it? I bought Zorin os, because it has all
configured for jack server, but it uses software from Ubuntu 16.04 and
this software is old for me. The good property of the sequencer will be
Lilypond export if it is possible.
Thanks,
Pavel