Accessible midi recording / music writing using Linux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Jul 29 15:10:00 UTC 2018

Check Rosegarden.

For the rest check theses but add to that Bitwig that has a Linux version,
ZorinOS will be limited since we could say it's forked twice from
Debian, it mean a long time for updates and maybe issues, the closer
to a main distros you are, sometimes doing things yourself may be far
better, spoon feeding just make users that flee at the first issue
that could not really be one sometimes, users should learn how to
install their drivers and so on to be able to select any distro they
want ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_MIDI_editors_and_sequencers

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/linux/MIDI_SEQUENCERS/

<blinux-list at redhat.com>:
> Dear al,
> My name is Pavel Vlček, I am from Czech republic. I am using all known
> platforms. I have a small Usb midy keyboard, Novation Launcher key mini
> v2. It includes some software and synthesis instruments, but it is for
> Mac and Windows only. What I want? I want to use this keyboard with some
> Linux and midi sequencer, and / or notation software. I know, how to use
> midi recording / music writing with Frescobaldi 3.0 midi input, but this
> soft is unable to play tones during playing by usb midi keyboard. So,
> Can you please recommend me some accessible sequencer for Linux and what
> distro is best for using it? I bought Zorin os, because it has all
> configured for jack server, but it uses software from Ubuntu 16.04 and
> this software is old for me. The good property of the sequencer will be
> Lilypond export if it is possible.
> Thanks,
> Pavel

Michaël Caron Couturier