Ebrowse?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Oct 28 21:01:17 UTC 2018

I confess it might be me not knowing how to properly use them, but
I've tried links(spelled like the links of a chain or on a webpage),
elinks, lynx(spelled like the type of cat), w3m, edbrowse, and browsh
at one point or another, and I consider none of them as remotely
accessible as Firefox with Orca.

Setting aside the killer feature that is the navigational hotkeys
provided by Orca and its Windows competitors, I can't even figure out
how to open webpages in edbrowse or w3m, the others load pages just
fine, but render multi-column webpages with all columns on screen,
causing screen readers to interleave the columns in a way that makes
no sense, Browsh, best I can tell, is the only one I've successfully
loaded pages on that seems to allow line-by-line navigation of the
page instead of requiring the use of a screen reader's screen review
functions, and yet that's rendered useless because something about
browsh causes every line of the page text to be interrupted by the
page title if I don't use screen review. Plus browsh is just a
text-mode front end to Firefox, so it has a downright massive
footprint for a text-mode web browser.

Firefox is the only reason I regularly launch the GUI, and I would
love to ditch it in favor of a text-mode browser, but every text
browser I've tried, in my opinion at least, has serious usability
issues before even getting to their lackluster support for rich web
content.

--
Sincerely,

Jeffery Wright
Bachelor of Computer Science
President Emeritus, Nu Nu Chapter, Phi Theta Kappa.