Accessible login prompt and i3 wm

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Sep 11 16:36:08 UTC 2018

Hi,

Speakup settings are stored on your hard disk at
/sys/accessibility/speakup/. There are several ways to get values in
those files, of course.

I'm still using rc.local, so I just poke some values there.

Also, I login on the console, so Speakup starting via systemctl works
perfectly well for me. I launch my graphical environment via startx.

Just some thoughts for you. Good luck on the install!

Janina