archlinux lxde ratpoison adventure

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Dec 25 09:11:07 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 12:42:25 -0500
Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list at redhat.com> wrote:

> I can't yet get this combination running since ratpoison can't find a
> DISPLAY yet.  The linux system had a command line environment earlier and
> had no need of a DISpLAY at that time.  I'm curious to know if ratpoison
> will be better than xorg and I've already got ratpoison in my .xinitrc
> file.

ratpoison is a window manager and depends on xorg (see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratpoison ) and does not replace it.

Just my 2 cents.

--

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
Apple Inc. is Evil - https://www.shlomifish.org/open-source/anti/apple/

Officer: Captain, there’s a new star system a few thousands of lightyears
away, and its sun has an irregular shape.
    — http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/Star-Trek/We-the-Living-Dead/