archlinux lxde ratpoison adventure

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Dec 25 13:53:43 UTC 2019

I'm about to phone be my eyes after this holiday and find out what's
going on with the screen.  I did a bit more reading so installed
xorg-init and its dependencies leaving twm out and installing xterm
since I've read ratpoison and xterm get along well enough.  I got
speech-dispatcher-git and festival working and have orca on the machine
too.  After running startx and hearing the information speak about xorg
and having speech go silent I don't have orca coming up once alt-f2 and
orca is run.  I'll check if gsettings is on this machine and try a
couple orca accessibility commands done by gsettings to see if those
help before calling be my eyes though since those may help.  I prefer
logging in on command line then only starting up graphical if I need
something graphical can do better since that way I'm already logged in.