archlinux lxde ratpoison adventure

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Dec 25 14:55:09 UTC 2019

It turns out no need to phone be my eyes this time.  I got lxde to start
up using startx and I got orca talking and orca is now set up.  I don't
know if ratpoison came up yet.  Something else is strange probably in
lxde.  The alt-f2 key combination works but other key combinations you
might use in mate don't appear to work.  Now I need to read up on lxde
keyboard shortcuts and then I'll start searching this system and find
out what utilities the lxde environment offers.  I installed lxde rather
than lxde-gtk3 since on the archwiki lxde-gtk3 is rated as experimental
so far.  I may try that environment later to compare performance with
standard lxde with respect to accessibility.