I question about how does a blind person get speech going on a Ubentu System.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Dec 27 01:20:47 UTC 2019

Use ubuntu mate 19.10, at start it offer speech output if you wait, after
install use the windows key to open the menu, type mate-tweak and seek to
add compiz, it will give an on demand zoom and control inversion, windows
key + mouse scroll for zoom, Windows key + M or N for color inversion,
gnome-orca is present by default, extra gain it has a good support for
nvidia optimus, ...

Mike