Comunicating from your Linux machine?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Sep 9 17:45:34 UTC 2019

Email and IRC are just about the only options that are customizable for
a blind Linux user.

Not necessarily. Pretty much anything that can be set up in Pidgin can
be used. This includes XMPP, which is pretty robust, although some
versions of Pidgin don't seem to work well with XMPP voice
communication. There is Telegram, which works at least for text, but it
may require running in a terminal, unless there is a working Pidgin
plugin. I can't get the desktop app speaking for some reason, though it
may just be because I'm missing an accessibility gsettings option.

~Kyle