Alien::SVN

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Apr 1 22:16:38 UTC 2020

Hi,

I am Didier Spaier, Slint maintainer.

At time of writing we ship this pacakage coming from Slackware64-14.2:
http://slackware.uk/slackware/slackware64-14.2/patches/packages/subversion-1.9.7-x86_64-1_slack14.2.txz

The package you mentioned is for Slackware64-current intended to prepare
the release of Slackware-15.0.

So:
1. If there is no real need to upgrade, keep the package shipped in Slint.
1. If you have a real need to upgrade (which one?), better use the source files
and build a Slackware package. Generally speaking you can do it this way:

lftp -c "mirror  http://slackware.uk/slackware/slackware64-current/source/d/subversion/"
CWD=$(pwd)
cd subversion
su # you need to be root to build the package

But in this case the build fails with this error:
configure: error: cannot find kf5-config

Probably this version needs something not shipped in Slackware64-14.2, I didn't investigate further.

Best regards,

Didier