Alien::SVN

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Apr 1 16:30:36 UTC 2020

Hi!

On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 11:59:37 -0400
Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list at redhat.com> wrote:

> Distribution slint. SVN::Core came up as unparseable in cpanp with use of
> o command to check for out of date modules. I'm using cpanp to install
> this and the package claims to still be building and by 2:00PM today it
> will have taken 24 hours to build. I could just trash the build as I've
> done before but am curious as to possible beneficial effects of having
> SVN::Core unparseable go away and have that updated. On Wed, 1 Apr 2020,
> Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

Since slint is based on slackware then according to
https://slackware.pkgs.org/current/slackware-x86_64/subversion-1.13.0-x86_64-3.txz.html
- subversion there (and SVN/Core.pm ) is at the latest version. No need to
upgrade and I suggest you kill the build.

> > Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 02:04:27
> > From: Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list at redhat.com>
> > To: Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list at redhat.com>
> > Subject: Re: Alien::SVN
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 19:38:21 -0400
> > Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > > is Alien::SVN supposed to take several hours to install?
> > > If no, that's what's happening over here.
> > > If I ever run this again I think I want to watch perl code execution as it
> > > happens when this one installs.
> > >

> > Did you manage to sort it out by now? If not, can you provide more details
> > about:
> >
> > 1. your distro+version
> >
> > 2. why do you need Alien::SVN?
> >
> > 3. How are you installing it?
> >
> > See https://github.com/shlomif/writing-the-perfect-question .
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> > > --

> > --
> >
> > Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
> > https://www.shlomifish.org/humour/ways_to_do_it.html
> >
> > Chuck Norris will kill you just for the fun of kicking your Death's ass
> > till it runs away, then beating your soul back into your corpse. (by
> > e-neko). ? http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Chuck-Norris/

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
https://ccmixter.org/files/destinazione_altrove/49997 - “Paint The Sky”

God created the world in 6 days and rested on the 7th. Chuck Norris created
the world in one day, and has been incrementally destroying it every day since,
without rest.