Why is Gnome crashing?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Apr 3 07:04:14 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

I recently installed Gnome 3. I am using a Braille display and brltty 5.6. on a Debian buster machine with 8 GB of RAM. Gnome runs on ttyh1 and tty2. I have
ordinary logins on other consoles. When I switch to tty1 using Ctrl+Alt+F1 the display is completely inactive, not even spaces. When I switch back to another
console I first see BRLTTY 5.6, then a pause and then the message "no irq handler for vector." What is causing this and what should I do about it?

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer