Accessible Distros for a beginner?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Aug 24 23:15:57 UTC 2020

Hi,
Thanks everyone for helping answer my questions re Slint and Stormux and Debian.
I think I'll either start with a Slint laptop setup or a Stormux Raspberry Pi setup and just have to do some more reading and research to determine what system I want to begin with.
Great to know that Stormux will run Firefox and LibreOffice if I decide to start with the Raspberry Pi. I'll be comparing my options for a while to decide if I want to start with a laptop or a Raspberry Pi.
A question re braille displays. Do any of you happen to use an Optelec Braille Voyager 40 cell unit with your Linux setup?
I don't think I see it listed on the BRLTTY list but just thought I'd ask if any of you have tried an Optelec Braille Voyager with Linux? If you don't know, I'll just give it a try once I have a setup and see if it works. If not, I may start looking around for one that is compatible with the BRLTTY list of supported displays. But it would be great if an Optelec Braille Voyager would work.
Thanks for all your helpful suggestions so far :)
SL