early warning I hope

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Feb 18 09:06:03 UTC 2020

I just ran a kernel update a few minutes ago on archlinux and tried
rebooting.
Some uuid cannot be found and I got thrown into an emergency shell.  All
of this of course without screen reader working.
I found this out as a result of talking to a be my eyes volunteer on the
phone after she examined my screen.
I have no idea what caused that and have minimal usb stuff connected to
the computer.  I had disconnected a flash drive from the computer thinking
the flash drive was the cause of the missing uuid but that wasn't the
case.
Fortunately I use solid state drives and have another different system on
one of them or I'd be offline for a while.
The volunteer didn't read me the long number after that uuid error.