installing speakup on RHEL 7/8

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Jul 22 01:40:59 UTC 2020

Yes we are prepared to rebuild the kernel but if the code is excluded from
the staging tree then it's going to be a problem

I have enquired into the possibilities of using a different distro, and I am
not going to say it will not happen, but the chance is extremely slim at
this point.  Unless I can prove that we can't get speakup to run on RHEL
unfortunately that is not an option.

--David