installing speakup on RHEL 7/8

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Jul 23 17:23:52 UTC 2020

Okay, I'll admit I know next to nothing about how kernel stuff works,
but I thought espeak had been trapped in staging for years with few
prospects of ever getting promoted to main or whatever its called for
modules that are pretty much guaranteed to be included in the default
kernel build for any distro not running a deliberately stripped down
kernel... or has someone recently actually been making progress
towards getting speakup to the point of such a promotion?