Is the Speakup List Down?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Jul 27 06:51:26 UTC 2020

Hi All: After posting, I received an error sending. Meanwhile my comments
were mostly designed for Samuel, so I will paste them in here. They are
about the DecTalk.
Hi Sam-and-All: In the last several months, I've been still trying to find
a sample command to increase intonation or excitement. Looking in manuals
wasn't so helpful, but asking around gave me a clue about another aspect.
Remember,
over these 16years, I still have many randem times where Speakup drops the
pitch, rate, and volume. Well, any time I run this command, it happens.
Hopefully among some of the DecTalk symbols, we will finally know. Now,
here's this
command
sudo echo "[:np][:dv ri 90 Do I sound more forceful?" >>
/sys/accessibility/speakup/synth_direct
Back again live, Maybe that dv command knocked everything down?
Now, if we ever can include a tone option for intonation, only insert+7
and insert+0 ar available, or you could use insert+t or maybe use both
insert keys for increase/decrease. Some1 told me that a "sync" command in
DecTalk can create
excitement, but I have not proved that yet. Thanks so much in advance
Chime