New Mail Sound in Alpine?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Jun 11 08:47:26 UTC 2020

I have my sort order set to arrrival.  Yes, message numbering changes
but new messages come in as the lowest numbers.  There is a status beep
setting in alpine though I never researched what that did.  Maybe that
can be adjusted.  Shellworld had lots of spam, I tried helping members
of blind-l with it (ultimately filter by Message-ID and had my account
black listed by some Hungarian on shellworld.net so it couldn't be used
on the internet that one claiming I was an undesireable and that one
wrote about it on the internet.  The record of that one's writing is
likely still on the internet too.  Anyone wants to see it can search
jdashiel at shellworld.net.  That now is water over the dam.