Prospects for an accessible and open version of Android?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Jun 23 03:14:48 UTC 2020

Somebody here mentioned that I might want a laptop instead of the
Meerkat. So, I went searching for free laptops and found this one for
example: https://shop.libiquity.com/product/taurinus-x200

It runs Trisquel 7.0. This comes with the MATE desktop and Orca is
supposed to start up automatically. This seems like good news. As
someone who has never used Trisquel, is there anything I should be
aware of, e.g. inaccessible software?