off list questions

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Jun 23 15:34:36 UTC 2020

Tim here.  Because the list anonymizes senders' email addresses,
you'd either have to reach into the archives (if both parties have
been around sending messages on the list long enough) or communicate
the email address voluntarily either in the body of the message
(such as "you can reach me at blinux.list at thechases.com"). At least
assuming the mailing-list manager doesn't strip out email addresses
from the body as well.  To test, the previous quote should read
"blinux dot list at the chases dot com" for my Blinux mailing-list
email address.  All of this stemmed from some spammers harvesting
email addresses from the mailing list and sending explicit pictures.

Alternatively you could communicate via another medium such as "I am
either @gumnos or @ed1conf over on Twitter, where you can send me a
direct-message."  Or use a trusted 3rd party (e.g. you could send me
your email address directly now that you have ways to contact me
off-list, and then request that the other party contact me directly
at the same address and I can then send the messages directly
off-list.

But it requires the consent of the other party with whom you want to
communicate.

-tim