Want to try a GUI. Which one is best?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Mar 1 11:17:59 UTC 2020

Hello,

I am using Debian command line as much as possible. When I must deal with a GUI I use Microsoft Windows 10. However, i'm getting disgusted with Microsoft's
updates, which it makes without asking permission. they keep causing trouble with my computers. I've heard of several Linux Desktop environments, but I'm
skeptical if they are as good as Windows. Which one would you recommend?

I want my Linux machine to continue to boot into the command line, and when I want a GUI to start it with a simple command, or maybe a shell script.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer