gentoo!

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Sep 28 18:36:09 UTC 2020

Apparently

 mirrorselect didn't get the news about stuff being deprecated in
portage's make.conf file and in the latest downloads is putting things
into make.conf that are deprecated.  The handbook says as much but fails
to give the new syntax and you'd have to be able to read man 5 portage to
get the new syntax.  The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is
doing.  Put simply, I picked a bad time to try to install gentoo.  I'll
probably wait until 2021 to try this again.

The deprecated variable at issue here is rsync-uri.