gentoo!

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Sep 28 17:35:20 UTC 2020

Unfortunately I may have to throw that ball to someone else. Tar is
pretty basic stuff, but I haven't delved deeply enough into Gentoo to be
able to help with this problem. The Portage stuff with emerge and
friends seems simple enough, but sometimes things are not as they seem.
My only suggestion is to remove the variable and see what happens, but
then again, it just doesn't seem that straightforward. It's possible the
variable name changed or something, which would certainly cause
problems, and simply removing it usually doesn't fix them.

~Kyle