Thinking of getting a computer to install Linux on any suggestions?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Apr 30 02:07:17 UTC 2021

Your best bet will be to buy a computer with an accessible linux already
installed.  This work https://www.thinkpenguin.com/ has done before.
You could buy a computer from big box stores but then you'd have to get
windows and all the bloatware off it.
Another possibility would be to buy a new computer and if it can
accommodate two hard drives buy two additional hard drives.
When you get everything, pull the hard drives out of the computer and
replace them with the lank hard drives you bought.
Then you probably will have a platform on which linux can be installed.
I say probably since certain Dell dimension laptops are incompatible with
linux.
The other thing to avoid are subscription plans for keeping windows
updated.  That means you don't buy HP computers since these come with
subscription plans that have to be renewed after five years or your
computer stops working until the renewal gets done.