Help, I need a Windows VM for my work

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Aug 10 23:01:50 UTC 2021

Hello John,

the simplest way is to install Slint on an external, USB connected SSD
(preferably) or hard disk.

Then just plug-in the external drive before starting the installer and
choose
the Auto installation mode: the installer should detect the external
drive and
propose you to partition and format it, then install Slint on it.
At end of installation, Slint will set up the dual boot for you.

Under some conditions you can also free enough space on the drive or
even have
it freed by the Slint installer to install Slint, as indicated in:
https://slint.fr/doc/HandBook.html#_install_slint see especially this
chapter:
https://slint.fr/doc/HandBook.html#make_room_for_Slint
Then again Slint will set up the dual boot for you.

It shouldn't be troublesome if you remember to run as root from Slint
"update-grub" every time you install anew kernel in Debian.

Or, you could install Slint in a virtual machine in Debian, in a similar
fashion
as I just posted to install Windows in a virtual machine in Slint.

Or buy another machine to install Slint <smile>

Warm regards,
Didier