Word Echo in Espeakup

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Aug 13 07:02:12 UTC 2021

Hi,

I am scratching my head over this seemingly simple task, but is there a setting for word echo in Speakup/Espeakup? I want to turn off key_echo so that I do not hear characters as I type them, but I am at my wits' end on how I can turn on word echo so that when I press the Spacebar as I type I hear the typed word instead of space.

TIA,

--
Ishe

     “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”
     Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Sent from my Slint 14.2.1 box using Mutt mail client.