Suggestions for Ratpoison-friendly apps?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Dec 4 17:09:09 UTC 2021

So my current experiment is seeing how it goes with a full on
Ratpoison/Strychnine setup.

Now...I'm in need of apps.

Specifically the last two Strychnine looks for. A lightweight file
manager/text editor. I went with Leafpad for the text editor, simply
because for this experiment I don't want all the clutter Mate brings.

So what are some good suggestions for this? Seamonkey is the browser of
choice, naturally, but what's a good file manager then and text editor?