Decluttering Thunderbird/other alternatives?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Mar 18 23:19:35 UTC 2021

hey there,

hmm, I'm affraid I kind of don't understand it.

How exactly is Thunderbird clutter?

As for Lightning, yes, it used to be there, but it was never appearing
anywhere near the components used for navigation, and was so invisible,
that I don't remember ever seeing it.

In fact, I don't even know, whether it is still here or not. :D

There were various changes, and I don't remember what's the current
resolution.

As for the new message window, what version of TB do you use?

In 78+ releases, the recipient field was replaced by a newone, which
allows you to write everything to that one place.

Right after finishing the address and tabbing or may be pressing some
key (I did not check), it disappears and nextone can be written, if you
wish the message to be send to anyone else.

So in practice, you need just one tab to get to the subject field.

In general, I'm personally really satisfied with TB. It perhaps could be
a little bit faster with imap accounts, but since I use Protonmail,
which provides its own app to create a local imap server for end to end
inbox encryption / decryption, that doesn't really bother me as local
sockets have practically no speed limits.

Being able to sort e-mails to threads (in a logical way, unlike
Evolution), receive RSS news and write eMails in Markdown, I personally
currently don't have any reasons to search alternatives, except my
curiosity. :)

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 18. 3. 2021 o 16:01 Linux for blind general discussion napísal(a):