Pipewire and Orca and audio

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Nov 29 21:45:01 UTC 2021

Not fedora related, but on Arch doing sudo pacman -S pipewire
pipewire-pulse wireplumber pipewire-jack gets those packages installed,
but even when starting them up (under qemu that is), doesn't get Orca
talking, even after a syscontrol --user enable and syscontrol --user
restart for the pipewire and pipewire-pulse packages. It's the same deal
with pipewire-media-session as well. In other words, running into the
same issue with a quick and dirty startx loaded Arch system, whereas iff
I mask or remove the above packages and drop back to Pulseaudio, it
works fine, and yes, Orca was set up in the configs to run correctly
with pipewire, yet no speech or anything was happening until I went back
to Pulse