What is the easiest and most accessible editor?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Nov 29 23:30:40 UTC 2021

Thanks a bundle for all of you folks. I did not know how much of a
discussion my innocent and naive question would generate. I learned a
lot from your answers. Although I have never messed with configuration
files since the days of the autoexec.bat in the days of dos, I think I
have enough courage to play with changing some configuration settings
using some of the editors you suggested.

I launched few of them both in the desktop and in the terminal and I
found geany and nano to be easy. I did not find Micro, I guess it is not
preinstalled on slint.

I know that my editing needs would be very basic.

Cheers,

Ibrahim