[raspberry-vi] Re: Possibly Off-Topic: Android Smartphone Recommendations.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Sep 23 16:47:30 UTC 2021

Okay, talked with someone from my carrier yesterday afternoon...

The good news is that, with my current plan, I can cancel the unused
line and add a new line to get a ~800 discount on the new smartphone,
Won't make the phone free(still have to pay sales tax on the monthly
finance payments before the rebate, but it does remove the price tag
as a limiting factor.

The bad news, all Pixel models are out of stock and listed as end of
life in my carrier's system... Not sure what that means for the Pixel
5a(Google informs me it's only been out for about a month, but no idea
if my carrier is just slow to pick up new models or just doesn't plan
to add it to their line-up)...

So, I hear Samsung is #2 in Android Accessibility, and I've had good
experiences with their devices in the past(I even had one of their
budget smartphones back in the Android 2.2 days when I had a working
eye). So any tips on which Samsung models are worth a try versus which
to avoid?