Textbased installation of VMs in VirtualBox

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Apr 21 10:47:59 UTC 2022

On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 01:17:42PM -0700, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
Vagrant was my first thought or how to handle something like this since I'm not familiar enough with Virtualbox/VMware to know if you can still do text installs, I'll leave qemu off to the side for now though but, to me Vagrant seems to tick all the boxes for what the OP wants to do, albeit with an install in the background and coming up with a fully ready to go system.

Rich, can Vagrant be configured to install as if you were at the keys, with a username, password, et al? I'm not sure on that at all though

> > On Apr 20, 2022, at 07:11, Jace wrote:
> >
> > I'd suggest something like Vagrant for it if you're comfortable with editing the Vagrantfile it generates
>
> I've used Vagrant and found that it worked quite well for me.  Then again, I'm a programmer...
>
> - Rich Morin

Jace's words are up there. Quoted and old messages below this point