Coqui TTS has blew my mind!

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Feb 11 15:32:56 UTC 2022

First off, no one is projecting their choices onto anyone else. You are
the one who hijacked this thread and made it something it never was
intended to be. After this hijacking took place, we provided
work-arouds, possible solutions and real-world scenarios that could
help, but you still say we are projecting our choices onto others. No,
we are simply working with things as they are. As it turns out, text
mode is full of inconsistencies and is severely limited in what it can
do. The good news is that unlike Microsoft and other too big to fail
tech giants, no one takes any of this away if it's what you like. And if
you don't like the way it works, it can certainly be changed to suit
your specific needs. Once again, it is not the fault of the standards
bodies who try to be sure things work as well as they can on the most
software, and it is not the fault of web developers who do their best to
comply with standards. It is simply limitations and non-adherence to
open and free standards in the browsers you are choosing to use, which
can and should be overcome at the software level. If you don't like
something, fix it or propose the necessary changes. It's that simple.

~Kyle