Launching a GUI Web browser and Orca from a console?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Feb 11 18:42:03 UTC 2022

Hi Brandt,

I tried this:
1. create a file "command" with this content:

orca-on
orca &
firefox

Then I typed from a tty:

xvfb-run sh command

I could hear orca start and present the firefox window but do not know a way to
interact with firefox from the tty...

There is the Selenium project: https://www.selenium.dev/documentation/
and you can install the Python language bindings for Selenium WebDriver typing
as root:
slapt-src -i selenium
but this is more to build tests of browser interactions, not really what you are
after...

Cheers,

Didier
--