Converting text to mp3

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Jan 27 00:58:41 UTC 2022

Decktalk hardware is analog. software Speech is not.
For  me personally the frequency ranges used for software speech output,
along  with many devices like some cell phones can do me physical harm.
recently I was helping someone try to find a dectalk USB, and one of my
associates builds a sort of USB box that uses the most current dectalk
software speech in modules form.
what they told me was that the dettalk 5, which is this software edition
sounds nothing like hardware dectalk, and is quite difficult to
understand.
I asked on list once why dectalk hardware  like my reading edge does not
work in the graphical Linux environment, and was told because no one has
bothered.
If no one bothers to write graphical options for hardware speech, not
because it cannot be done, but because they choose the free stuff instead,
that says allot about Linux creativity speaking personally.