wich is better mailing list or usenet newsgroup

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Jul 13 16:16:43 UTC 2022

Well, Kyle-and-All, I think both avenues have their purposes. Usenet goes over
nntp instead of smtp for mail. If you have a good usenet provider, you can
examin text discussions back in 2003. This is great if you know a subject of
interest. In a case of a mailing list, I suppose your search would need to be
much more specific-and-it would be helpful to know a list you want to look at
or join. Typing a search in a usenet news-reader is quite good. I still use trn
for reading-and-saving  binaries, but Alpine for posting.
Chime