Snap, Flatpak and/or AppImages?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Mar 5 15:00:53 UTC 2022

     Images are generally used for new installation or live boot such as
for repair disks.  Package managers are best to add, remove, or update
an already installed system.  I think whoever started this thread
doesn't understand that you need to use the correct tool for the job you
are trying to accomplish.

If your already installed system doesn't have an editor or a game you
want to use, then the package manager allows you to add it. Redhat uses
the 'rpm' package manager, and other distributions choose different tools.