Google is nuking simple username/password sign ins?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Mar 4 16:39:47 UTC 2022

Not only that, this is a complex process and questionable how long the
instructions to set it up will even work.  Probably the best way to handle
this process is simply to refuse.  That is, arrange to have all future
email to your gmail account forwarded to an address external to google and
clean out your gmail account on google.  If google decides to shut the
forwarding email service off, I think I'll cancel my google account.