Google is nuking simple username/password sign ins?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Mar 4 17:42:20 UTC 2022

Hey, Kyle!

You said, in part, "It's time to say good-bye to big tech, and this is
my start in that direction. I do keep Gmail in Thunderbird for now,
because it works there still, and some stuff still comes to that email,
but I'm transitioning to self-hosted open source stuff as completely as
possible, which it seems can be faster and more complete than I
initially thought." Do you have pointers to information how to do that?
I'm none too sure I know enough, but I'd like to check it out.

Thanks!

Al