timidity question

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Mar 11 04:49:02 UTC 2022

soundfont /usr/share/soundfonts/default.sf2

OK now I think I see something. Check for a file at
usr/share/soundfonts/default.sf2. I'm thinking that you probably don't
have such a file. If you do have a file with that name, use the file
command to determine what type of file it is. I am not aware of any
distribution of Timidity++ that includes default.sf2, nor am I aware of
a package that provides that file. If you have the file and it is in
fact a soundfont, then we're back to square 1. However, I think I may
have found the problem, and you can best fix it by changing default.sf2
to another soundfont file that you do have in /usr/share/soundfonts.
Obviously you do have soundfonts available, since you have indicated
that fluidsynth will play midi files. It's just a matter of getting
Timidity configured with the same soundfont file.

~Kyle