getting started with Liblouis

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Mar 16 19:40:44 UTC 2022

Hi, Didier.  Thanks for that information.  Yes, that seems to be what I
need, if possible along with antiword and a couple of items the README
mentions that I forget.  If those other items are more than you want to
put in Slint, then I presume I'll get them by way of the other README
information.

Al

On 3/16/22 13:37, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> Hi Al,
>
> It appears that liblouis xml ins maintained for Debian by Samuel Thibault so
> Debian based distributions get it too.
>
> I will build a Slint package for Slint using the same source files if you need that.
>
> But please look first at this README:
> https://salsa.debian.org/a11y-team/liblouisxml/-/blob/master/README
>
> and confirm or infirm that it is what you are looking for.
>
> Cheers,
> Didier
> --
> Didier Spaier
> Slint maintainer.
>
> Le 16/03/2022 à 18:03, Linux for blind general discussion a écrit :
>> Thanks, Jeff.  I'm using Slint.  I didn't see either of the programs you
>> mention.  Maybe there's something else.
>>

>> Best!
>>
>> Al

>>> In Debian, I see liblouis-bin and liblouisxml-bin packages which can probably
>>> help you.  Other distributions probably have something similar.

>>> Apparently, UTDML is unified tactile document markup language, whcih is
>>> presumably used for maps, diagrams, etc.  This is probably not what you need.
>>>
>>> HTH,
>>> Geoff.