Crypted LVM and beep tones

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Mar 22 03:16:40 UTC 2022

Hi,

I have the same problem. One solution that I found is to use clevis in
conjunction with dracut (https://github.com/latchset/clevis)

Requirements:

- Laptop with TPM 2.0

RedHat based distro

This allow me to bypass initial GRUB password and goes straight to login
screen (which has orca running)

Cons:

- Works on RedHat based distro. Have not tried this on Arch or Slint. A
bug in debian prevent clevis from working properly.

- Works on new laptop (later than 2017) which usually have TPM 2.0

HtH

On 3/12/22 01:39, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to crypt my harddisk for my working laptop. Allthough it is no
> big problem to enter the encryption password some seconds after grub I
> wonder if a acustical signal could be played that tells me that the
> password prompt is displayed. Also a signal about successfully entered
> the password or not would be really cool.
>
> Does anyone know if acustical signals are possible for the described
> situation? Beep tones like for grub would be absolutely enough.
>
> Cheers,
>
>   Schoepp

Edhoari Setiyoso