FYI - Command Line Programs for the Blind

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun May 1 14:58:30 UTC 2022

Hi all, I use to leave mailing lists at vacation mode and visit their
archives once a month, so I'm late to this subject.

Specifically, I just wanted to comment about a viable full featured
command line web browser, including all of bells and whistles like
Javascript, possibly web apps, convenient keystrokes, not depending on a
desktop environment being set up, etc.

As far as I recall, some blind Linux users including me have been
wanting such a browser for more than ten years, yet such software has
never been developed, which in turn demonstrates one thing I've read in
an article last year: that web browsers are arguably the most complex
type of software in the world. Not by chance, there are so few actively
developed engines, despite all being open source.

In any case, I would support a command line web browser by donations,
albeit I could probably donate much. In fact, AFAIC the main problem
wouldn't be developing the browser, but building a relatively long term
sustainable plan to maintain it, especially considering the importance
of browsers to the comtemporary life, which requires us to have
confidence to trust it enough. Am I right?

Best,
Cleverson