Getting Linux in to the hands of those in need.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun May 1 16:58:54 UTC 2022

Raspberry Pi 400 would be my recommendation. It doesn't have built-in
audio, but you can justt plug in USB audio and a pair of headphones or
speakers. I think it should also plug into any HDMI compatible TV or
computer monitor as well, although HDMI audio tends to be a bit flaky at
least on some devices. It's not as DIY as most of the other Raspberry Pi
offerings, so it is much better for new users. Another option is the
Pinebook Pro, which is already a complete laptop solution, assuming they
have them in stock and available for purchase. You probably would need a
larger eMMC flash chip for it, but it should run faster than the
Raspberry Pi 400, simply because it's using eMMC instead of relying
primarily on MicroSD, which although it is much faster than it once was,
can still get bogged down easily with frequent i/o operations. Just my
thoughts, I hope they help.

~Kyle