Ubuntu Mate sudden freezes

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun May 1 17:12:11 UTC 2022

Hello list,

today, I'm experiencing a very strange problem.

Basically, after certain kind of action, the whole keyboard seems to get
stuck. The type of action can wary, it happened few times while reading
mails in Thunderbird, but it happened twice also simply after I left my
laptop untouched few minutes (not enough for the desktop to get
automatically locked).

When this happens, i'm unable to do anything, not even Alt+F2 works to
restart orca or anything else.

One workaround I found is to close the lid and re-open it. Then, on the
login screen, things again magically start to work, and I can login.

Then, it typically freezes again after some time. CAn wary from 2 to 30
seconds, or may even freeze right away.

Sometimes, things seem to freeze even on the lock screen, though,
closing and reopening the lid seems to reliably get them back to life
(at least for a while).

I'd like to ask, before I start thorough investigation, is anyone else
experiencing similar issues?

Ubuntu Mate 20.04 64-bit freshly updated, orca 43.alpha.

Best regards

Rastislav