Two Arch beginner questions

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Apr 27 11:58:35 UTC 2023

Hi,

today I installed Arch Linux for the first time. Now I have fully setup
the console and now, it is time for graphical interface. I will use Mate
desktop. I know how to install it, but I have a question related to
display manager. Can you recommend me some display manager for Mate
desktop, which is packaged for Arch and configured for a11Y (start Orca
in the manager)

And my second question is related to console screen readers. Espeakup
and Fenrir are included. Which of these is better for using console
apps, such as email clients, web browsers etc? Is espeakup developed or
deprecated?

Thanks,

Pavel