[Container-tools] Spec, Examples and tools

Christoph Görn goern at redhat.com
Thu Apr 9 15:02:17 UTC 2015

Hey all,
 getting away from the directory structure, I envision something like

 1. we have a Containerized Application Specification (containerapp-spec)
    This will make statements about Atomicfile, content, meaning of
the fields, providers, what providers must implemente, now fields are
mapped by providers to ....

 2. We have Atomicapp Base Image
    This will container what vasec did, it will container an
implementation of the docker provider, have a README how to use it to
derive our/ISV app from it.

 3. We have some examples derived from 2. like wordpress (vasec did
that) and mongoDB (I will do that)

 We need to clean up the spec itself... and redo the POC we have done
in the paste two weeks to be refactored to provide 2.

 Anyway, we can continue with 3. and learn for the spec from that task
and refactor later to meet 2. and 3.

	//G

On 04/09/2015 04:48 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:
> On 04/09/2015 10:18 AM, Langdon White wrote:

>>> Agree. I think the more information (in the README) of what
>>> container-app git repo should contain will help people like me.
>>> As I am new to the project , sometimes I lack the history and
>>> prior discussions on this.
>>>

>> In the midst of getting this sorted. As it was in very messy
>> active development, the repos kind of fell apart. The clean one
>> coming by end of week (hopefully).
>>
>> Carl, I was leaning towards
>>
>> container-app/ spec/ runner/ examples/ template/
>> simple-css-on-wordpress-app/ wordpress-app/ mariadb-app/
>>
>> thoughts?
>>

> I would do:
>
> container-app/ spec/ lib/ tools/ lib/ Atomictool/ Eclipse/ Vagrant
> ... if we need any others examples/ simple-css-on-wordpress-app/
> wordpress-app/ mariadb-app/ template/

- --
Principal Software Engineer - Systems Design & Engineering
Mobile: +49 171 2801345

Follow Us: https://twitter.com/RedHatRefArch
Plus Us: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/114152126783830728030/
Like Us: https://www.facebook.com/rhrefarch

Red Hat GmbH, http://www.de.redhat.com/ Sitz: Grasbrunn,
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 153243
Geschäftsführer: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael O'Neill,
Charles Peters