[Container-tools] Spec, Examples and tools

Carl Trieloff cctrieloff at redhat.com
Thu Apr 9 15:10:51 UTC 2015

ack + inline.

On 04/09/2015 11:02 AM, Christoph Görn wrote:

> Hey all,
>  getting away from the directory structure, I envision something like
>
>  1. we have a Containerized Application Specification (containerapp-spec)
>     This will make statements about Atomicfile, content, meaning of
> the fields, providers, what providers must implemente, now fields are
> mapped by providers to ....
>
>  2. We have Atomicapp Base Image
>     This will container what vasec did, it will container an
> implementation of the docker provider, have a README how to use it to
> derive our/ISV app from it.

2a). Don't think we can get away from also providing atomic tool /lib,
which can be run outside container to

1.) validate (dry-run) a config
2.) auto get a container-app basic structure
3.) convert to/from OpenShift format
4.) create the container in (3) injecting the meta info + run tool.

>  3. We have some examples derived from 2. like wordpress (vasec did
> that) and mongoDB (I will do that)
>
>  We need to clean up the spec itself... and redo the POC we have done
> in the paste two weeks to be refactored to provide 2.
>
>  Anyway, we can continue with 3. and learn for the spec from that task
> and refactor later to meet 2. and 3.
>
> 	//G

I have an open question of do we inject the params file into the root
container? if so we will have to touch it for each deploy which is self
defeating -- or is it passed in?

Carl.